Turbo charge your savings plan. This free, high interest account gives you a great return and automatic transfers to make saving easy.
The earnings and nationwide ATM withdrawal fee refunds* from your MoneyMaking Checking are moved here every month. Together, these accounts can make the most of every dollar. Apply for them both today!
- Free account that builds your savings effortlessly
- Links to free MoneyMaking checking
- Automatic transfers of MoneyMaking Checking earnings
- 1.00% APY* on balances up to $100,000 when qualifications are met
- 1.00% to 0.62% APY* on balances over $100,000 depending on balance in account
- 0.05% APY* on entire balance if qualifications are not met on MoneyMaking Checking
- No monthly service fee
- Minimum balance to earn interest is $0.01
- Free online banking
- Free, paperless eStatements
- Free** mobile banking and mobile deposit
- $10 minimum deposit to open
- Every dollar deposited at Monson Savings is fully insured by the FDIC and DIF
Earning cash rewards is easy!
Qualifying for your MoneyMaking checking rewards automatically qualifies you for the highest MoneyMaking Savings rate, too. To earn your rewards, just do the following transactions and activities in your MoneyMaking Checking account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Have at least 1 direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) post and settle
- Be enrolled in and receive eStatement notice
If the qualifications are not met, you'll still pay no fee, and will receive our base rate of interest. And you can get the higher rate back the very next cycle!
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of April 24, 2017.
Rates may change after account is opened. Minimum to open is $10 for MoneyMaking Checking and $10 for MoneyMaking Savings.
For MoneyMaking Checking, if qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle:
(1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $25,000 receive APY of 2.01%; and (3) balances over $25,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on the portion of the balance over $25,000, resulting in 2.01% - 0.60% APY depending on the balance in the account.
If qualifications are not met on MoneyMaking Checking all balances earn 0.05% APY.
Qualifying transactions must post to and settle MoneyMaking Checking account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions.
The "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning the 3rd Wednesday of the month and ending the business day prior to the 3rd Wednesday of the next month. The advertised MoneyMaking Checking APY is based on compounding interest. Interest earned in MoneyMaking Checking is automatically transferred to MoneyMaking Savings each statement cycle and does not compound. Actual interest amount paid may be less than advertised MoneyMaking Checking APY. The MoneyMaking Savings APYs may be less than MoneyMaking Checking APYs.
If qualifications in MoneyMaking Checking are met each monthly qualification cycle:
(1) balances up to $100,000 in MoneyMaking Savings receive an APY of 1.00%; and (2) balances over $100,000 in MoneyMaking Savings earn 0.25% interest rate on portion of balance over $100,000, resulting in 1.00% - 0.62% APY depending on the balance in the account. If qualifications are not met on MoneyMaking Checking, all balances in MoneyMaking Savings earn 0.05% APY.
The MoneyMaking Checking account is intended to be the accountholder's primary checking account in which payroll transactions and day-to-day spending activities are posted and settled. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. No monthly service fee. Available for personal accounts only. Limit one MoneyMaking Checking and one MoneyMaking Savings account per tax owner.
**Mobile banking is free, but check with your carrier about fees for accessing the internet or sending/receiving text messages from your phone. Not all phones supported.