Free, high-interest MoneyMaking checking can do a lot more than just give you easy access to funds. Make money in the form of great returns and unlimited nationwide ATM withdrawal fee refunds!*
Simple things like utilizing e-services that make your life easier help line your pockets every month. Unlimited checking privileges come standard. And there's no monthly service fee — just money to be made!
- Free checking that pays high interest
- 2.01% APY* on balances up to $25,000 when qualifications are met
- 2.01% to 0.60% APY on balances over $25,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* on entire balance if qualifications are not met
- Unlimited refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide*
- Free check writing and debit card
- No monthly service fee
- Minimum balance to earn interest is $0.01
- Can link to MoneyMaking Savings for automatic savings
- Free online banking and bill pay
- Free** mobile banking and mobile deposit
- Free, paperless eStatements
- Convenient access to Popmoney® and Apple Pay®
- $10 minimum deposit to open
- Every dollar deposited at Monson Savings is fully insured by the FDIC and DIF
Earning cash rewards is easy!
With MoneyMaking Checking, the same things that make managing your money easy also earn you big rewards! To earn your rewards, just do the following transactions and activities in your MoneyMaking Checking account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Have at least 1 direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) post and settle
- Be enrolled in and receive eStatement notice
If you don't qualify, don't worry — your account is still free, and you'll earn our base rate of interest. And you can get the rewards back the very next cycle.
See and print an easy to follow monthly qualification calendar.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of March 25, 2017.
Rates may change after account is opened. Minimum to open is $10. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle:
(1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $25,000 receive APY of 2.01%; and (3) balances over $25,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on the portion of the balance over $25,000, resulting in 2.01% - 0.60 % APY depending on the balance in the account.
If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY.
Qualifying transactions must post to and settle MoneyMaking Checking account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions.
The "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning the 3rd Wednesday of the month and ending the business day prior to the 3rd Wednesday of the next month.
The advertised MoneyMaking Checking APY is based on compounding interest.
The MoneyMaking Checking account is intended to be the accountholder's primary checking account in which payroll transactions and day-to-day spending activities are posted and settled. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. No monthly service fee. Available for personal accounts only. Limit one account per tax owner.
**Mobile banking is free, but check with your carrier about fees for accessing the internet or sending/receiving text messages from your phone. Not all phones supported.