Saving money doesn't have to be hard. Link this account to your free MoneyMaking Checking to turn your monthly rewards into automatic savings.
- Automatic Savings
- High Interest
- Free Digital Banking
- Free high interest account that builds your savings effortlessly
- Links to free MoneyMaking Checking
- Automatic transfers of MoneyMaking Checking earnings
- 0.50% APY1 on balances up to $100,000
- 0.50% to 0.30% APY1 on balances over $100,000 depending on balance in account
- 0.05% APY1 if qualifications are not met in MoneyMaking Checking
- No monthly service fees
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Free digital banking services, including:
- Free online banking
- Free mobile banking2 with mobile deposit
- Free eStatements
- $10 minimum deposit to open
It's Easy to Earn Your Rewards
Qualifying for your MoneyMaking Checking rewards automatically qualifies you for the highest MoneyMaking Savings rate, too. Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your MoneyMaking Checking account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 1 direct deposit, ACH credit, or ACH payment transaction
- At least 12 Monson Savings Bank debit card purchases
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive eStatements
That's it. Even if you don't meet your qualifications during the cycle, your MoneyMaking accounts are still free. Plus, you'll still earn our base interest rate on MoneyMaking Savings. And you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next month.
1APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of April 3rd, 2020.
Rates may change after account is opened. Minimum to open is $10 for MoneyMaking Checking and $10 for MoneyMaking Savings. For MoneyMaking Checking, if qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle:
(1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $25,000 receive APY of 0.75%; and (3) balances over $25,000 earn 0.10% interest rate on the portion of the balance over $25,000, resulting in 0.75% to 0.23%% APY depending on the balance in the account.
If qualifications are not met on MoneyMaking Checking all balances earn 0.05% APY.
Qualifying transactions must post to and settle MoneyMaking Checking account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions.
The "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning the 3rd Wednesday of the month and ending the business day prior to the 3rd Wednesday of the next month. The advertised MoneyMaking Checking APY is based on compounding interest. Interest earned in MoneyMaking Checking is automatically transferred to MoneyMaking Savings each statement cycle and does not compound. Actual interest amount paid may be less than advertised MoneyMaking Checking APY. The MoneyMaking Savings APYs may be less than MoneyMaking Checking APYs.
If qualifications in MoneyMaking Checking are met each monthly qualification cycle:
(1) balances up to $100,000 in MoneyMaking Savings receive an APY of 0.50%; and (2) balances over $100,000 in MoneyMaking Savings earn 0.10% interest rate on portion of balance over $100,000, resulting in 0.50% to 0.30% APY depending on the balance in the account. If qualifications are not met on MoneyMaking Checking, all balances in MoneyMaking Savings earn 0.05% APY. The MoneyMaking Checking account is intended to be the accountholder's primary checking account in which payroll transactions and day-to-day spending activities are posted and settled. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. No monthly service fee. Available for personal accounts only. Limit one MoneyMaking Checking and one MoneyMaking Savings account per tax owner.
2Mobile banking is free but check with your carrier about fees for accessing the internet or sending/receiving text messages from your phone. Not all phones supported.